It’s rough being with a hot guy. There are some advantages that comes with having the eye candy on your arm but for the most part it takes a strong woman (or man) to be able to handle the glares, stares and compliments. Here are 6 things that may happen when you’re with your sexy man:
1. Women will do things to inadvertently get his attention. And you will be the one to notice. They will laugh loudly, dance a little more raunchy, flip their hair a bit more or walk a little more erect to flaunt their body, maybe even slap their friend’s ass in front of him (yes, I have seen this.) And whether he is oblivious or not, you noticing and mentioning it will only make him think you are “jealous.” So just don’t. Laugh at the shenanigans and tell your sister (or someone who is like a sister–I don’t always recommend best friends) about the funny antics and just be proud that he is your man.
2. They will stare. Sometimes they will stare so much that they will seem to undress him with their eyes; and yes again you will be watching them and wondering “Am I invisible?” And to them in that fantasy moment you do not exist. Or they may role play whisking his sexy ass away from you. However, gripping him tighter will only inspire further fantasies. Walk confidently beside your man, and smile as he hugs or pulls you closer.
3. Men will also stare. There’s also the funny moment when a guy is attempting to display camaraderie and is attempting to befriend your sexy man simply because of his good looks. Gay men will flirt, while straight men may want him around because he attracts more women. It’s a win-win for them and they subconsciously know this when they approach or stare at your man. You cannot filter his friends, but just beware of those who use his eye candy charm to attract women.
4. You will accept but not always like when he has guys’ nights or “guy trips.” This is because of reasons 1, 2 & 3.
5. Your best friend may not remain your best friend because of your hot guy. Reverting back to #1, that person who you tell everything to may want to see if the information you are reporting is accurate. They may want to test the goods and because they are so close to you and are around so much they may attempt to lure your man and may have plenty of opportunities to do this. Your responsibility to protecting your man and relationship is to understand what information you should NOT disclose to anyone (like how good he is in bed or how he spoils you when you’re not feeling well.) It is much better to leave these thoughts up to someone’s imagination than to provide them with the Guide to How to Steal My Man. Another great thing to do, trust your intuition about that overly flirtatious friend.
6. You get admire (and solely appreciate) his good looks. You love your man unconditionally which makes all of the above so entertaining. You probably have loved him long enough to watch his own extra love handles or pimply skin disappear, or witnessed the moment when he began needing eyeglasses or his first gray hair (that may or may not have increased his sex appeal). You love everything about him and his good looks are just a bonus. You also know deep down that even though women may admire him from a distance, there are also things that these people would never tolerate if they were actually with him. Like… You get the point. But you tolerate it because your love for him is deeper than his looks. And that’s what’s sexy.